I actually finished this book in time (by January 31st) but I got busy and didn't get this post written. Oops. I've finished several books in the meantime so hopefully I haven't forgotten too much. I will endeavor to get my thoughts "on paper" more quickly in the future.
1) Celaena receives help from many sources throughout the novel. Of all these character, who do you think helped her the most? What does he/she do or teach Celaena that further develops her as a character?
Nehemia. She helps Calaena learn how to trust and how to be a friend.
2) Who do you think is Celaena was before Arobynn found her?
An incredibly scared little girl. I don't think she was anything more than that. (I have NOT read the novellas.)
3) Are there any aspects of Throne of Glass that you wished Sarah had gone into more detail about?
The "other" world and the magic... maybe more about how Cain came to have so much power and knowledge. It's obvious the king has something to do with it but it felt like she left out a LOT in order to keep the way clear for the next book(s).
4) What are your thoughts about the kinda love-triangle? Are you favoring Dorian, Chaol, or is it too soon to tell where you loyalty lies?
Ugh... the love triangle thing again. I don't know. They both have their strong points and their weak points. I honestly have no idea. It's already breaking my heart that one of them is going to have his heart broken.
5) What do you think of Nox now? Do you think he'll come back into play later? And are you hoping for it? (Andrea's Note: I AM!)
I didn't think much of him before and I don't think I think of him much more now. I certainly hope she brings him back as she spent just enough time developing him that it seems a waste not to have him come back into play again.
6) Who's your favorite character so far? Do you imagine this could change throughout the series?
Chaol. He's such a quintessential good guy. I suppose that could change if his character is revealed to be vastly different.
7) How surprised were you by who was behind the Champion murders? Did you guess before it was revealed?
I had guessed it had something to do with Dorian's dogs... so I guess I was onto something with the whole animal thing. Maas gave it away some in the scene where Cain ran past Celaena acting a bit deranged and she made a mental note that he seemed to be getting bigger and faster each week.
8) What do you think of Nehemia NOW? And her friendship with Celaena?
Nehemia is a wonderful character. I never doubted her though I could see where Celaena's suspicions came from.
9) How satisfied were you with the story as a whole? Do you plan to continue the series?
I enjoyed it and I would certainly like some answers to the plethora of unanswered questions... and some closure to the many plot threads laid out before the reader. I have The Assassin's Blade right now so I'm currently planning to read the "before". Not sure if I'll make it to the after given the GIANT pile of books I have to read. If there's going to be more magic, I would be more inclined to read more since magic/fantasy is my favorite genre.
10) Do you have any predictions as to what may happen next? (If you've already read the next book/s, you should probably sit this question out.)
Good wins and Celaena marries Chaol, Dorian or Nox. :-) In other words, I don't have any definite predictions.